People often downplay the importance of having flexible bodies. But it is actually quite important to be flexible. Working out to build muscles and strength is fine but it does not suffice to keep you fit. The stiffness from inflexible muscles can lead to injury. It is important however to take proper guidance before beginning with any kind of workout which includes flexibility training.
Flexibility training should also be accompanied by maintaining a nutritious diet, increased hydration, and healthy lifestyle. To achieve a flexible body, maintaining a right posture is equally important. Going to the gym or doing stretches will do no good if you do not position your body properly.
Here are a few simple stretching exercises that can be incorporated in your flexibility training.
Standing Hamstring Stretch
This exercise targets the hamstrings, calves, back and the neck.
- Stand straight with legs apart.
- Take a deep breath and exhale as you bend your upper body to its full potential.
- Keep your head, neck and shoulders relaxed when bent.
- Wrap your hands around your legs and stay in the same position for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Breathe in as you lift your body back to its original position.
Read Complete Article